Monday, December 08, 2008

Toastmaster Timer for iPhone

A while back, we reviewed some online timing software to help you practice your Toastmaster speeches (click here) and just recently, I got the email below from a Toastmaster in California who is selling a timing application for an iPhone. Arash's application costs $1.99 via iTunes and while I don't have an iPhone (yet), I do like the feature where it "flashes when you are disqualified".


(Running over time is something I am working on correcting.)


What do you use to practice? Contest season is coming up!

********************************************
From:Arash Shokouh
Subject: Toastmaster Timer for iPhone

Hello,
I am a member of the Los Gatos Silver Tongued Cats club in Los Gatos, Ca. A classmate and I have designed a toastmaster speech assistant for the iPhone called SpeechMate. It's meant to help you practice your speeches on the iPhone using the green/yellow/red TM timing system with optional sound cues.

We're trying to get feedback about the app from fellow Toastmasters so I was wondering if you could possibly mention it to your club members. Here's the iTunes link, or you can search for SpeechMate on the App Store on the iPhone.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297092109&mt=8

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Arash Shokouh
Toastmasters Member
Los Gatos Silver Tongued Cats

1 comment:

Mike said...

I tried a few but I settled on Toast Timer for my iPhone. It's pretty neat. I found it through people Twittering about it. iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309468229&mt=8