Friday, March 24, 2006

Failing With Toastmasters .... in a good way

Steve Pavlina is a Toastmaster in Las Vegas who has a blog (that I just found) and I think he brings up a key attribute of Toastmasters in this post.

He says that Toastmasters is a great place "for making mistakes and taking risks". In fact, he adds that "The supportive atmosphere of Toastmasters allows me to experiment well beyond the edges of what I’ve had the opportunity to do in front of other audiences."

Steve explains that he has learned that it is "actually less risky to to take risks" and that the "safe path" is often the boring path.

If we take some risks, we stretch our abilities and we also make for more interesting meetings (so everybody wins!). I hope everyone is stretching ... especially the members participating in the Spring Speech Contests!

Stretch ....

Dave

No comments: