Today (June 30th, 2008) is the LAST DAY to postmark (or fax) your application for an Old CL award (OCL). The information below should help ....
What if you are filling out the form and don't remember the date when you went to officer training?
From our incoming District Governor, Karin von Kaenel, ...
When the club officer attends training, the AG will send an email to the LGET, letting the LGET know the club officer was trained (our incoming LGET is Marsha Kiley).
The LGET will then go into the TI website and report that "officer xyz" was trained.
All TI knows is that the officer was trained
- in summer of 2006 (i.e. between June 1 and August 31)
- or in winter of 2006/2007 (i.e. between Dec. 1 and Feb. 28).
TI doesn't know the exact date. Therefore it should be good enough if the OCL application has "summer 2006" or "winter 2006/2007" in that date field.
From a TM site in the UK...
TI's FAX: 1 949-858-1207
ADDRESS: Toastmasters International
Member Services Department - Education Awards
P.O. Box 9052
Mission Viejo, CA 92690-9052 USA
'OLD CL' REQUIREMENTS
* Achieved Competent Communicator award (or "old" Competent Toastmaster award)
* Served at least six months as a club officer (President, Vice President Education, Vice President Membership, Vice President Public Relations, Secretary, Treasurer or Sergeant at Arms) and participated in the preparation of a Club Success Plan while serving in this office
* While serving in the above office, participated in a District-sponsored Club Officer Training programme
* Conducted any two programmes from: The Successful Club Series and/or The Leadership Excellence Series
NOTE: Success Communication, Success Leadership, Youth Leadership and The Better Speaker Series programs do not qualify. Programs may not be those completed for previous awards.
The old Competent Leader award is not the same as Advanced Leader Bronze because for the latter you also need to have completed the new Competent Leadership manual. However once you have the old CL you can proceed straight on to do Advanced Leader Silver.
If you have any problems or questions submitting today, please send an email to Dave Wheeler at theshot93 [at] gmail.com. If you would like to add general clarification, please use the comment feature of this blog!