Thursday, May 18, 2006

Early Start on the next Toastmasters Year (2006-7)

Walter Beveridge has offered to give an inspirational speech at your club to kick off the upcoming Toastmasters Year and help the new club officers "Reach Their Peak" in 2006-7. "Reach Your Peak" was the theme of the District 53 Spring Conference last weekend and I've attached Walter's email below explaining his speech idea.
Anyone who has heard Walter speak at Toastmaster contests knows that he is an excellent speaker and his "Toastmasters Resume" even included some awards that I was not aware of ! I'm sure he would be a great addition to your calendar !
If you would like to schedule Walter as a speaker at your club, please email him directly (address below). It would be great if he could speak right after the new officers are elected, but I'm sure he would understand if your schedule is packed with speakers trying to finish awards before the end of June. If Walter is available, the summer months (July & August) are usually a slow time and his inspirational speech could help keep the excitement going so we head into the new year with positive momentum !
Let me know what you think !
Dave Wheeler
Area A4 Governor, 2005-6
Division A Governor, 2006-7

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Walter W. Beveridge <mailto:walterwb@ix.netcom.com>
Date: May 18, 2006 12:00 PM
Subject: Early Start
To: Dave Wheeler
Dave,
First, let me congratulate you on being elected Division A Governor. It is a wonderful District Office to hold and I know you will do a remarkable job.
Would you like some assistance wtih motivating the new Club Officers in Division A?
As I anticipated speaking to my Club about the Spring Conference, I decided not to make it a report. Instead, I used the Conference Theme (Reach your Peak) as the title and theme of an inspirational speech, covering all aspects of the Toastmaster program from the Ice Breaker Speech to District Conferences and District Offices.
It was well received at Putnam Speaks Toastmaster Club and I would be happy to present it to any other Clubs in our Division. The perfect time would be after Club elections (which are supposed to be held this month) and before July 1 (when the new Club Officers need to apply their inspiration). Even if I can't get to all the Clubs in our Division in June, I would speak to as many as I can of those who express interest (I would welcome the experience/stage time).
I have attached a biography that can be used to "sell" the idea of my visit to the Club Officers. Let me know if you are interested in pursuing the idea further.
The future of the world depends on our ability to effectively communicate .. and so does yours. That's why we have Toastmasters!
Walter W. Beveridge, DTM
845-279-6153


No comments: