Thursday, July 21, 2005

Area A4 Update - Area/Div.Contest planning, TLI & blog promotion

Here is a quick update from Area A4...

I met (informally) with the officers of WestConn Toastmasters at their meeting last night (7-20-05). They are open to hosting the Area contest as well as the Division Contest and I will post the dates once their president, Bruce Cornwell, confirms availability with Wooster School (where the club meets).

I promoted attendance at Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) in Hartford on August 6th and got a fairly positive reaction. I will follow up with an email next week as a reminder.

Finally, I mentioned this blog (as a tool for communication with all the clubs in Area A4 ). It can be accessed via the web at www.AreaA4.blogspot.com (as you probably know if you are reading these words). The blog is a combination of Toastmaster details and things of interest to me (as a Toastmaster). I encourage everyone to let me know what you think. (You can even add comments online .... see link below this post.)

That's it for now.

Speak UP!

Dave Wheeler
Area A4 Governor

No comments: