Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch passed away today.

Randy Pausch was given 3-6 months to live... almost a year ago.

But he passed away today.

If you have not seen Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" check out this post. (click here) His full lecture (not the ones on Oprah or other shows) is over 1 hour long, but it is highly inspirational and should not be missed. (Don't bother with the shorter ones... even though I posted a link back in February.)

One of my favorite quotes from Randy's last lecture...
"It's tough for me to talk about having fun. It's like a fish trying to talk about the importance of water. I don't know how to not have fun. I'm dying and I'm having fun. And I'm going to keep having fun every day I have left ... because there is no other way to play it."

Below is a video of speech he gave at this year's commencement at Carnegie Mellon. It is a fitting farewell to an excellent public speaker and a inspirational human being.

Live Your Life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Dave. Randy Pausch was a remarkable man who encouraged us to find our passion. His commencement speech reminds me that I found my passion in Toastmasters and am very grateful to have had the honor of being your leader last year. I wish you well as we make achieving Distinguished District a habit in District 53... just do it!
- Will Ryan, PDG D53